Life of a Gal

Please do NOT Take anything from this site and use for your own purposes

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Arashi 9th album - 僕の見ている風景

omg been a supeeerrr long time since I've updated..And since I've got nothing better to do, I will write down my thoughts about all the tracks in arashi new album, Boku no miteiru fuukei. It's short and simple ^^ Be warned though my descriptions for teh songs sux...


|---------------


Disc 1

Track 1: Movin' On
The first time I heard it was when Aiba played it on his radio. It's a catchy upbeat song..Not the happy kind but more of a serious? Anyway, my first thought was it's not bad..Actually it's nice to hear.. Especially am addicted to Just now we go! parts.. Lol And how can I left out Sho's rap aka Sakurap? I think the lyrics are well written.. Jus as expected of our rapper ^^


Track 2: Mada Ue wo (マダ上ヲ)
The starting reminds me a bit of Suju? Kinda new style of song for arashi in my opinion. Like Movin' On, its nice to hear.. The kind that I will like after listening to it a few times XD I guess its more of a sexy kinda song.. Not the typical, I love you I will die for you LOl


Track 3: Refrain (リフレイン)
Omg what can I say..I love love the song the first time Aiba played it on his radio! It's like bang to my heart.. 'Cause the part where Ohno and Nino sang respectively..That really stole my breath away... The song I guess is more of the painful kind of love? Like after break-up..



Track 4: Troublemaker
Sho's drama Tokujo Kabachi!! theme song..What can I say again? Almost everyone loves this song.. It's so addictive and happy..I've been listening to it since they released their single in march and I'm still loving it...You can't help but just sing along at the chorus XD
Sweet sweet~


Track 5: T.A.B.O.O (Sakurai Sho solo)
I havta say I didn't really like the song..It's more of a sexy song? I guess the song I love most of Sho's solo is Hip Pop Boogie..That one is cool XD


Track 6: Circus (サーカス)
The first thing that came to my mind when I heard the beginning was a mysterious song...I can imagine it as sort of anime-like song? Like the opening theme for Pandora Hearts LOL
Kinda nice to hear ^^


Track 7: Gift (ギフト)
Well, this is the song I really encouraged people to listen.. It's a nice slow sweet song.. Although they made a mistake by starting the song with the weakest singer in my opinion.. Aniway, the lyrics are meaningful.. The part you need to hear is at the bridge where Ohno sang his solo..Around 3:42.. That part is soo heartwrenchin, sweet and nostalgic all at once.. And I'm not saying this 'cause I'm being bias XD

And i really don know why but the instrumental at the beginning and at the end reminds me a tad bit of FF7 >__>



Track 8: Everything 
Aaahhh.. The song where Ohno was sooo black in the mv.. Lol.. Hmmm.. Since I've listened to it like so many times, I can't really say is it good or not but it's pleasant to hear.. Especially if you are walking by the beach and listening to the song with your headset.. It really gives a nice relaxing feeling.. An upbeat song ^^
 I can say that this is more of an evening song? Like the kind when you can jus sit and watch the sunset..


Track 9: Come back to me (Matsumoto Jun solo)
Among all the members' solo, Matsujun's ones are the most I rarely listen to.. Might be 'cause of his voice but his genre of song too doesn't suit my taste.. The only solo song I love of his is La Familia because the lyrics are sweet.. Written by him to the arashi members.. But surprisingly I like his solo for this album.. Totally remind me of the Kpop style at the start? And also a bit of Perfume's style mixed.. Kinda techno-ish at the beginning.. Overall I havta say the song is nice XD


Track 10: My Girl (マイガール)
Aiba's drama, My Girl theme song.. This MV is a must watch! Sad yet sweet at the same time.. It's a song that expresses gratitude.. A pleasant song to hear.. Loves listening to this song when I'm feeling nostalgic.. XD


Track 11: Magical Song (Aiba Masaki solo)
Oh Aiba.. Lol It totally suits his image.. The song was really written just for him.. So happy and fun to hear.. Can totally imagine him running up and down during the concert while singing this song.. Aiba's solos are second among the members that I always listen to...


Track 12: Let Me Down
Another song I don't really listen to.. Doesn't suit my taste I guess.. Hmm.. Can't say much.. It's an ok song.. But I felt like something's missing when listening to it.. Like it left me unsatisfied kinda.. @___@
 
 
Disc 2
 

Track 1: Monster
Ohno's drama Kaibutsu-kun theme song.. Nice song.. But not as good as Truth though.. The chorus is nice to hear though I especially love the beginning.. Where the others sang before Ohno solo's start XD The bridge/instrumental part is a creepy feeling yet so circus-like to me.. It's like a clown will appear kind of feel.. And I hate clowns >__>
 
 
Track 2:Don't stop
The song doesn't appeal to me at first till I heard the chorus.. I like it straight away XD
It's more of a encouragement kinda song.. Kinda mild fiery song.. If I havta say, it sorta have the same genre as Movin' On but of a milder version.


Track 3: Shizuka na Yoru ni (静かな夜に) (Ohno Satoshi solo)
OHNOOOO!!! Seriously this guy's solos are the best among all.. Altthough I was super disappointed that it's not a dance song, I'm totally addicted to the song.. After reading the lyrics, I can't say how much I love the guy who created this song for him.. The bad part is this song don't hav a climax like Take Me Faraway but it's still 100% worth listening.. It's more sorrowful and really meaningful.. Kinda artistic feel.. If Aiba's solo Magical Song suits him than it's the same for Ohno... This song is like totally made for him... I realised that Ohno's genre now catered to more slow ballad kind unlike his older solos like Top Secret etc where it totally gives out a cool image...


Track 4: Mukae ni Iku yo (むかえに行くよ)
Another song I love XD... The normal kind that Arashi usually sings.Not a happy kind though.. The lyric is more about one own self.. A kind of song I will listen when I'm thinking about life? Hard to explain but yeah hahaha


Track 5: 1992*4##111 (Ninomiya Kazunari solo)
This guy really knows how to write lyrics XD.. I especially love his Niji song.. Niwae, for this song he wrote, the lyrics are sweet and you can jus feel the love Lol.. It's a happy song by the way.. I don think Nino ever sang a sad song for his solo.. No wait.. There were and its totally heart wrenching.. I recommend you Yume and Kouseki! Totally a must to listen XD


Track 6: Sora Takaku (空高く)
Whenever I listen to this song it reminds me of their special drama hahaha.. I like the beginning.. 1,2,3,4,5 ~
It started mild but gets more upbeat during the chorus part... I called this another encouraging song XD Makes you get more and more tension UP~


Track 7: Kagerô
Another song I love~ And also another song that hav the anime-like feel.. Like the adventure kind? Rave maybe? haha Even works for games like Wild Arms..
Its nice to listen to it when you're in a hurry I guess XD


Track 8: Summer Splash!
At first I didn't really like the song when Matsujun played it on his radio but after awhile, the songs kinda wormed its way into my heart hahaha... The beginning totally reminds me of A1's summertime..
Just like the title say, this song radiates of summer feel.. The lyrics too lol.. Overall its fun to listen to XD


** Added some of the songs from the album to the playlist.
-----------------------|


These are only my opinions and my taste.. Others might disagree with what I say..Overall, I havta admit, I think this album is weaker compared to the older ones.. I love more songs in the older album compared to this one. Hopefully they will release an album again next year XD